Saturday, March 22, 2014

Bienviendos! Welcome!



Welcome! Bienviendos!

This blog is dedicated to those three handsome men pictured above. They are my whole world and more. I love them to the moon and back and to infinity and beyond. They are the reason I never have a dull or quiet moment each day and the main reason for all the fun activities we do.  Because of them I have officially been given the title of "Wonder Woman" and I LOVE it!

If you would have asked me 12 years ago  if I would have had this crazy family full of boys; I would have laughed and told you that you needed to go get checked out, mentally. I can't imagine my life any differently though.  We have our struggles, as every family does. With raising two boys it can be difficult. Trying to teach them to be true gentlemen and not be a stereotypical Hispanic male in this day in age is also another obstacle that we deal with each and every day.

Growing up, I had an incredible mother who made sure that both my brother and I could cook, wash our own clothes, and take care of ourselves so that we didn't have to be dependent on anyone. She was, and still is an incredible teacher. I owe her a lot of love and respect. She has molded me into the wife and mother I am today. Thank you mom!! I am not a perfect wife or a perfect mother and I do not and will not ever claim to be. I hope that these post help inspire you to take a few minutes out of your day to enjoy your family. Even if it's 15 minutes, those 15 minutes might be the one thing that your child or spouse will hold on to in their memories for the rest of their lives. 

That's enough sappy stuff for one blog post. Now let the wild rumpus begin!

Today we are attempting to make:
Rainbow sandwich bread 

I found the recipe on my favorite site PINTEREST! (Have to support the Roosevelt grad I grew up with) Most of my creations are inspired by some of the other awesome, overly active, creative mamas with my own twist or creative juices. 

I hope you enjoy!

Rainbow Sandwich Bread Recipe

Sorry, we didn't take during pictures. Note to self: buy rubber gloves. My hands are a lovely shade of all the colors of the rainbow. Our colors didn't quite blend all the way............maybe it's because I had a little extra help in the kitchen today. So it's more like Marbled Rainbow bread. And sorry for the messy kitchen I do have three boys, remember??

Ok so here's the rundown:
Letting the dough rise. Yes, I know it's March, but I love my little witch on the stove. Gives me a feeling of creating magical potions. 
Gabe decided in the middle that he NEEDED to paint dinosaurs. Mom decided that he would paint without a shirt on. 
Checking the bread
Cooling off. Smells Delicious!!
Final Product!! Our marbled Rainbow bread 



My trusty sidekick and sous chef. Gabe 







No comments:

Post a Comment